Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cardio testing

I mentioned a while back that I would have to have testing at some point to see if I needed a defibrillator. The time is finally here and I'm going in tomorrow afternoon for my procedure. To be perfectly honest, I'm more than a little uneasy. Not about the procedure, but about the results. I'm still not comfortable with the idea of having a big piece of metal shoved into my chest and honestly I don't know if I'll do it even if it's recommended. That may seem like a foolish choice and maybe it is, but this is a huge lifestyle change and it makes me uneasy. We'll see.

11 comments:

Dug said...

I totally understand your hesitation. Just know that I'm going to support either choice you make 100%.

Let us know how it goes!

Erica said...

Good luck Jamie! I'll be thinking of you.

Lauren said...

I hope all goes well, we will be thinking of you today. Good luck!

Nicole said...

Good luck, Jamie!

Steanso said...

I'm thinking of you, too!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Jamie. I hope everything goes as well as it can. Jen and I are thinking about you.

Reed

Laetitia said...

We're with you by thoughts Jamie

nathan said...

Hope all went well.

Steanso said...

For those checking the blog, I think Jamie's test went ok (in terms of the tests themselves not making her sick or anything). She still has a lot to deal with on this heart stuff, though.

Rebecca said...

Love you, girl, and am anxious to hear the results. You amaze me!

Anonymous said...

Jamie- I think with baby Owen I have been given a new perspective on medical issues and how they impact people's lives. That being said I wanted to tell you how amazing you are (and have been since I met you in College) to handle yourself and life as you have in the face of everything. You are brave, strong and selfless and I want you to know how much I admire you. Good luck with everything and please know that I love you and will keep you in my thoughts.

Shannon