Our Newest Family Member!

Yesterday we ventured to the Austin ASPCA to do some dog shopping. Lucy has needed a companion for some time now and I finally felt like I was ready to welcome a new friend to the family. Ryan found a shy, one and a half year old, bat-eared yellow lab/shepherd mix (we think) named "Babette".


Hi! My name is Scout and I think "Babette" is a stupid name

We took Lucy up to the shelter today for a meet and greet to see how the dogs would get along. Lucy was more interested in the bountiful supply of tennis balls than in Scout, but there was little to no hostility so we declared the session a success, signed some paperwork and brought the dogs home.

Scout has yet to venture outside of the kitchen and has camped out next to the stove, but seems pretty comfortable. She growls quietly at Jeff every so often, but Jeff deserves it for being creepy so I'm not too worried. I also have yet to hear her bark, so I'm hoping she remains good tempered and is happy here.


Scout still doesn't know what to make of all this

Comments

Dug said…
Cuuuuuuuuuute!
J.S. said…
Congrats! She seems like a really good dog!!
J.S. said…
And don't be afraid to throw us an update post now and again of how she's settling in.

Popular posts from this blog

October Update

Cardiac Update

Matters of the Heart, the Second Part