Anniversary

Today is Ryan's and my ninth anniversary. Nine years ago today we gathered our friends and family at Green Pastures in Austin and promised to love and try not to kill each other. So far so good! As told to me by Ryan and Jason, we very nearly had a couple of homeless kids in attendance that had hitch hiked with them earlier in the day and that Ryan (because of nerves, or just because he's Ryan, I don't know) invited last minute.

It's been an interesting nine years, with lots of job changes, residence changes, health changes, and changes in number of animals in our care. I most certainly couldn't have made it without Ryan. No matter what else is going on in my life, I know Ryan is going through it with me, because he wants to be there. And with that knowledge, I know I can get through anything.

I love you to pieces, Ryan. Happy Anniversary!

Comments

The League said…
It's been 9 great years! Here's to 99 more.

That whole "hook the arm to drink" thing works better if you're about the same height, I think.


I also didn't invite those kids, I informed them of the wedding what i was up to that day, and they tried to invite themselves. I did, however, drive them around to wherever it was they were headed.
Laetitia said…
Happy Anniversary guys!!! :) We love you!
Erica said…
Happy Anniversary!!! hugs to ya both!

Popular posts from this blog

October Update

Cardiac Update

Matters of the Heart, the Second Part