The Arizona Cardinals are going to the Superbowl

Oh. My. God.

The Arizona Cardinals, who have been the joke of the NFL for as long as I can remember, are going to Superbowl 43. Way to go, Cards!

It's been 60 years since they played in a national championship and slipped into this year's playoff season as a Wild Card with a 9-7 regular season record. Basically no one expected them to make it this far.

I actually have a good Kurt Warner (the Cardinals quarterback) story. When we lived in Phoenix, we took a vacation with my parents in northern Minnesota. Ryan and I were sitting in a Starbucks at Sky Harbor Airport before our flight and noticed Warner with one of his little girls standing in line for a coffee. We mouthed 'Kurt Warner!' to each other excitedly.

Then we watched him board our flight with his family and sit two rows in front of us. We giggled to each other.

After meeting up with the Dug and Kristen at the Minneapolis airport, we hopped in a rental car and drove four hours north into the Minnesota wilderness to meet my parents at the very small (10 cabins or so) resort we've been going to since I was a kid.

Kurt Warner and his family were staying 2 cabins down from us. No kidding.

So that's my little Kurt Warner story. Congratulations to Kurt and to all of the Cardinals!


That is one pissed off bird

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Cards going to the super bowl is blowing my mind. I had them losing to the Falcons in the wild-card round; then to the Panthers in the divisional round; then to the Eagles in the Conference Championship. I'll probably have them losing to Pittsburg too, but I'll have to think about that one.

Popular posts from this blog

October Update

Cardiac Update

Matters of the Heart, the Second Part